Find Your Measurements
Taking your measurements is easy with a measuring tape and good posture. Make sure that the tape lays flat, and that the area you’re measuring is in natural position.
- Chest: With your arms relaxed at your sides, measure around the fullest part of your chest, keeping the measuring tape level and parallel to the floor arund both the chest and ribcage.
- Neck: Measure a shirt collar that fits you well. Button the collar and place the tape’s starting point behind the button. Wrap the tape all the way around the inside of the collar until until it meets its starting point.
- Sleeve Length: With your arms relaxed at your side and slightly bent, measure from the center back of your neck, over the point of your shoulder, and down the outside of your arm to your wrist.
- Waist: To measure your natural waistline, wrap the tape so it intersects your navel. Keep tape flat, but comfortably loose.
- Inseam: Use a pair of similar pants that fit you well. Lay them flat on the ground with the side seam facing up. Use your hands to smooth and straighten front and back creases. Then measure the length of the inside seam from the crotch to the bottom of the hem.