Care and Break-In of Your Glove
- Pour a small amount of glove conditioner or glove oil on a clean dry cloth and carefully work the oil around the outer shell palm and back. A light coating is all that is necessary.
- Allow the glove to dry thoroughly for 24 hrs.
- Wipe off any excess oil and play catch for 10-15 minutes or 50-70 throws. This stretches and forms the glove to your hand and accelerates the break-in process.
- Put a ball in the pocket of the glove and tie the glove closed for a few days with a string or rubber band.
- Laces will stretch with use. Keep the laces taut but do not over-tighten them.
- Store in a cool dry place with a ball in the pocket when not in use. Do not leave your glove in an area where temperatures will become extreme, such as the trunk of your car.
- Do not over-oil your glove. Twice per season is sufficient.
- Do not submerge your glove in water — it will rot. If your glove becomes wet, dry slowly and oil lightly. Do not put in the oven or microwave to dry it.